Discover the best of Utrecht in one cycle tour
Distance: 12 km
Oudegracht and Towm Tower - Utrecht's most iconic sights. Photo © Holland-Cycling.com
This tour takes you on a round trip through the medieval city of Utrecht. You will follow a bike friendly route that takes you past many of the city's historic and cultural must-see sights, such as the Dom Tower, Oudegracht and the Rietveld Schröder House. A great way to explore Utrecht just in one day!
For easy access, we start the tour at Utrecht Central train station. Feel free to start the tour wherever it's convenient for you. Bike rental is available in various places in Utrecht. The tour is only 12 km, leaving you plenty of time to enjoy the sights along the way. If you want to pay an extensive visit to one of the museums, we recommend you do this another day.
We provide brief information on the sights along this tour. If you want to know more about the places you will visit, we suggest you use one of the guidebooks of Utrecht which are widely available in different languages.
Tips for a safe and enjoyable cycling experience
- Before you set out, make sure you downloaded the most recent, up-to-date version of this route directly from our website via the button below.
- Traffic rules and regulations in Holland might be different than at home. Make sure you are familiar with the rules that apply for cyclists in Holland. For more: Traffic rules & regulations.
- The centre of Utrecht has a strict bike parking policy. Keep an eye out for the no bike parking signs: wrongly parked bikes will be removed! For more: Parking your bicycle in Utrecht.
- Bike theft is a huge problem in Utrecht. Never leave you bike unlocked, even if you're just taking a photo. For tips on preventing bike theft: Bicycle theft - how to avoid the pitfalls?
Utrecht Highlights By Bike
|Type of route:||Daytrip, round trip|
|Starting point:|| |
Utrecht Central train station
|GPS:||Download this route as a GPX file.|
Find out more:- For an overview of our must-do cycle routes in the Utrecht region, go to: Day trips.
- For guided bike tours in and around Utrecht, go to our Guided tours section.
- For cycling holidays that include Utrecht, go to our Holidays section.
Click on one of the photos to start the slide show.