Discover the best of Rotterdam in one cycle tour
Distance: 16 km
Erasmus Bridge and highrise of the Kop van Zuid. Photo © Holland-Cycling.com
This tour takes you on a round trip through the city of Rotterdam, famous for its modern architecture and harbours. The modern city centre is a stark contrast to the historic district of Delfshaven. You will follow a bike-friendly route that takes you past many of the city's architectural, historic and cultural must-see sights, such as the Euromast, Erasmus Bridge and Markthal. A great way to explore Rotterdam just in one day!
For easy access, we start the tour at Rotterdam Central train station, where there are car parking and bike rental facilities (an overview of bike rental companies is available on our website). Feel free to start the tour wherever it's convenient for you. Bike rental is available in various places in Rotterdam. The tour is only 16 km, leaving you plenty of time to enjoy the sights along the way. If you want to pay an extensive visit to one of the museums, we recommend you do this another day.
Tips for a safe and enjoyable cycling experience
- Before you set out, make sure you downloaded the most recent, up-to-date version of this route directly from our website via the button below.
- Traffic rules and regulations in Holland might be different than at home. Make sure you are familiar with the rules that apply for cyclists in Holland. For more: Traffic rules & regulations.
- Beware of tram rails! To avoid getting your wheel stuck in the tram rails, always cross them at an angle.
- The centre of Rotterdam has a strict bike parking policy. Keep an eye out for the no bike parking signs: wrongly parked bikes will be removed! For more: Parking your bicycle in Rotterdam.
- Bike theft is a huge problem in Rotterdam. Never leave you bike unlocked, even if you're just taking a photo. For tips on preventing bike theft: Bicycle theft - how to avoid the pitfalls?
Rotterdam Highlights By Bike
|Type of route:||Daytrip, round trip|
|Starting point:|| |
Rotterdam Central train station
|GPS:||Download this route as a GPX file.|
Find out more:- For an overview of our must-do cycle routes in the Rotterdam region, go to: Day trips.
- For guided bike tours in and around Rotterdam, go to our Guided tours section.
- For cycling holidays that include Rotterdam, go to our Holidays section.